- Health and Safety Signs
- Contractor Services
- Turnkey Identification
- About Us
- Contact Us
Expert engineering ensures successful identification programs
MSA engineering uses a professional, comprehensive approach in creating an efficient identification program for your facility. MSA delivers value by engineering a complete program consisting of clear, concise identification labeling that expedites new plant commissioning and start-up.
Complete mechanical identification and labeling programs start with MSA engineering Identification line list(s)
- After the design phase is complete, using plant P&ID’s, our engineering team develops a line list customized to the specifics of your facility. The line list indicates all pertinent information for labeling including contents, line numbers, origin and destination of the line, drawing numbers and flow direction.
- Line lists are verified with client operations representatives to ensure that legend wording is consistent with what is used in the facility. Once verified, this list becomes the legend list used to produce the markers.
On-Site Field Verification and BOM Development
- Onsite field surveys are conducted to develop marker quantities and to ensure that lines not shown on the drawings are included in the project.
- MSA field engineers walk down all lines to determine specific pipe marker locations. This procedure enables as-built verification while confirming pipe insulation diameters, line size, FROM/TO information and marker quantity for each line.
- Field audits offer opportunities to address special conditions within the facility, such as hot or congested areas, manifolds, special valve configurations, and regulatory or compliance needs.
- For facilities with inaccurate or non-existing drawings, MSA engineers can develop legend lists making it possible to initiate a quality marking program.
- MSA’s in-house PDS capability allows for efficient development of the marker information for projects designed with this software.
- Equipment, control valves and process safety management signage can be included as part of the field surveys.
Facility Asset Database and MOC
- Updated line lists and P&ID information can be maintained by MSA engineering in a facility asset database. New processes or line changes can be recorded and maintained as part of the master database. This ensures that changes are captured and documents stay current.
MSA engineers a complete identification program to ensure plant owners receive a total package of world-class identification products. Our engineered process labeling approach contributes to faster, smoother plant commissioning and comprehensive mechanical labeling that quickly communicates essential operating information to facilities managers and plant workers.
Contact us today to learn more about MSA’s turnkey asset identification products and labeling services.